AIBE 2020 also known as All India Bar Examination 2020 will be conducted by BCI (Bar Council of India). The exam is conducted yearly at the National Level. After clearing this exam the candidate will be awarded "Certificate of Practice" by the BCI. This exam aims to test an advocate's capability to practice the Law profession in India hence, addressing the analytical abilities and basic understanding of Law. The exam will be conducted in 40 cities across India.
Besides this, candidates can choose amongst 11 languages for attempting the examination. The candidates can go through the complete article to know all about AIBE 2020 Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
AIBE 2020 Application Form
The candidates need to have all the important information regarding the AIBE application form 2020. Also, the must properly fill and submit the application form on time. Details about AIBE Registration Form 2020 are provided hereby:
- The application form for the exam will be available online on the official website of the Bar Council of India.
- Candidates can fill the application form from the Fourth week of September 2019.
- They need to fill and submit the application form online by the Second week of December 2019.
- Also, personal and academic details must be filled very carefully.
- The candidates must keep a printout of the application form for further admission process.
- They must provide the valid email id and contact number as this information will be used by the authority for future communication.
- Candidates from SC/ST category must upload a self-attested copy of their SC/ST certificate in English or Hindi language along with the other required documents.
- Besides this, if SC/ST certificate is not uploaded during the registration process no relaxation on fee will be provided.
- Furthermore, candidates will be required to submit the required application fee amount along with the online submission of the application form.
- No documents must be sent through the post.
AIBE 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode.
AIBE 2020 Application Fee
AIBE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must carefully read the AIBE eligibility criteria details and ensure their eligibility before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria details are given hereby:
- The candidates must have completed their graduation (3 years) or 5 year LLB program from a recognized institute.
- Also, candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree before 2009-2010 will not have to appear for the AIBE exam.
- They also have to enrol themselves with the State Bar Council.
Additional instructions for candidates under SC/ST Category
- In case any candidate has applied under the concession of SC/ST and do not provide valid documents, then their candidature will be rejected and the registration amount will not be refunded.
- Such candidates will have to apply again.
Additional Instructions for disabled/physically challenged candidates
- Candidates having 50% or more disability under a specific category such as amputated arms, blindness will be provided 20 minutes extra time per hour.
- Such candidates will have to upload a self-attested copy of their disability certificate.
Additional Instructions for candidates with illness/special needs
- Candidates who are suffering from any illness for which special attention needs to be paid must inform the same through e-mail ([email protected]).
- They will have to carry a certified copy from the doctor on the exam day.
- In case such information is not provided during the registration process or before the admit card is released, no special facility will be provided.
AIBE 2020 Admit Card
The Bar Council of India issues the AIBE 2020 admit card online on its portal to the candidates who will apply for the exam.
- To download the Hall Ticket the applicants will have to enter their login credentails.
- It is a mandatory document to be carried to the examination hall as without entry would not be possible to the hall.
- Candidates are advised to check all the details mentioned in the admit card like candidates name, roll number, examination day an time, enrollment number, etc, before appearing in the examination.
- Also, one must carry original id alongwith the Admission Ticket for verification purpose.
AIBE 2020 Test Centers
The AIBE 2020 exam is conducted at 44 exam centers. Candidates may choose the exam centers as per the availability and preference. Below is the list of the exam centres of AIBE exam:
- Sawantwadi (Panaji centre changed)
- New Delhi
AIBE 2020 Exam Pattern
Applicants can check the AIBE 2020 Exam Pattern below:
AIBE 2020 Exam Scheme
||Offline pen and paper mode as an open book exam.
|Number of Sections
||There will be 2 sections in AIBE 2020 exam.
||Multiple choice questions
||Open book examination
|Duration of Exam
Question Paper will in 11 languages (Bengali, Gujarati, Odiya, Hindi, Marathi, Assamese, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, English, Telegu.)
AIBE 2020 Syllabus
The AIBE 2020 Syllabus consists of below topics:
- Constitutional Law
- Intellectual Property Laws
- I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)
- Land Acquisition Act
- Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)
- C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)
- Evidence Act
- Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
- Family Law
- Public Interest Litigation
- Administrative Law
- Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules
- Company Law
- Cyber Law
- Environmental Law
- Labour & Industrial Laws
- Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law
- Law related to Taxation
- Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act
AIBE 2020 Result
The AIBE 2020 Result will be declared on the official website of the Bar Council of India.
- The candidates who will appear for the exam can check their result on the portal of the Bar Council.
- On the basis of the of AIBE, the aspirants will get to know their marks and their status.
- Candidates not satisfied with their result have a facility to re-check their result. However, their result can only be checked after proper form filling and doing all the formalities. In no case, candidates will be allowed to take along the answer sheet or the photocopy of the same.
- Re-checking requests will be accepted on payment of Rs 200/-.
- For General/OBC categories passing marks is 37 whereas for SC/ST category candidates its 32 marks.
AIBE 2020 Highlights
The AIBE 2020 summary can be checked below in the table:
||All India Bar Examination
||BCI (Bar Council of India)
|Level of Exam
||Once a Year